This position supports the Flow Cytometry activities in the lab. Strong knowledge and experience with Flow Cytometry is a hard requirement for this role.
Sample Analysis and Assay Validation
- Provides key assay input to the research project and assay validation to ensure successful execution
- Assay troubleshooting
- May perform and document maintenance, trouble-shooting and repairs on advanced instrumentation with support of service engineers or other trained supervisory personnel.
- Develops assays independently but with team interaction
- Develops new scientific approaches to method development and communicates these to the global science team so that they can be broadly implemented.
- Mentoring of more junior scientists and advising operation on developed methods.
- Reviews and approves data of other scientists.
- Communicates with team members and management regarding project status, purpose, scheduling, problems, etc.
- Utilizes standard approach for method development
- Communicates and/or participates in communication with clients regarding project status.
- Maintain knowledge and skill in all techniques where you perform your work.
- Provide scientific input to management and BD about new technology investments and lines of service.
- Discusses scientific results with sponsors together with project manager
- Promotes PRA utilizing their scientific skills through scientific communication such as external publication of posters and journal articles.
- Perform R&D projects
- Training of technicians on technical aspects
Quality and Timely Work Execution
- Takes initiative in process development and SOP/WI writing.
- Legible, logical and reproducible documentation of all experimentation.
- Develops and communicates an accurate estimate of time frame for project completion.
- Has a thorough understanding and complies with GLP and other appropriate regulations
- Develops rugged and economical assays
- Performs data review of other scientists work.
- Mentor and train staff on scientific topics.