- Solid working knowledge of the Ruby language and the Rails framework is a must
- Understanding of object-oriented design, design patterns and how they apply to Ruby
- Solid understanding of SQL and data modeling for scalability and performance
- Experience creating RESTful APIs for integration with mobile apps and web sites
- Commitment to writing quality code through TDD - RSpec, Capybara, Phantom.JS
- Proficiency with Git as a source code management tool
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with an Agile-based work tracking system such as Atlassian Jira, Assembla, or Rally
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- 5+ years of experience in managing teams and people
- Ability to communicate fluently in English (written and verbal)
- Desire to learn new technology and use that knowledge in producing world-class mobile and web apps
- Proven communications skills including technical writing and presentation
- Experience with enterprise application servers
- Experience with Content Management Systems
- Understanding Web application development concepts including architecture, design, building, testing, and deployment.
- Experience selecting and working with third-party vendors and partners to design and integrate external solutions and products
- Ability to lead through influence vs authority
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related technical field preferred
- Experience designing web-based user interfaces
- Solid understanding of one or more NOSQL databases - MongoDB, CouchDB, Cassandra, etc.
- Experience with Twitter Bootstrap or Zurb Foundation
- Knowledge of AWS, iOS SDK, Android SDK
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
PRA is an EEO/AA employer and is committed to providing opportunities to minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities.