Provides leadership, strategic direction, and high-level expertise to the SDTM programming group.
• Oversees SDTM programming activities for Phase I-IV studies, integrated databases and analyses, safety reviews, and ad-hoc analyses across all statistical programming teams in a defined region.
• Manages a team of 10 Programmers, who work in lead and support functions.
• Works to develop team using directing, coaching, mentoring and delegating styles.
• Identifies, leads, and sponsors SDTM programming change management initiatives, ensuring that the expectations of PRA and client personnel are managed and communicated effectively.
• Works with the global resource manager to predict project pipeline, resource requirements, and recruitment needs and strategies.
• Acts as the statistical programming representative for a specific client and/or PRA partnerships.
• A minimum of 7 years of leadership experience in programming at a CRO or pharmaceutical company, including 3 years of formal people management experience is desired.
• Master’s degree in a quantitative or scientific field is desired. Undergraduate degree is required.
• Prior experience managing a remote team is desired.
• Knowledge of the clinical development process and an understanding of the domain for ADAM datasets and TFLs is required. Must have analysis, ADAM, and TFL experience. Must be comfortable leading trials from a programming point of view.
• Must be able to commute to Blue Bell, PA office. Must be able to travel occasionally for bid defense meetings, client meetings, or to visit staff at other PRA offices. Approximately 10 – 15% travel / once per quarter is anticipated.
PRA is an EEO/AA employer and is committed to providing opportunities to minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities.