Manage and develop PRA employees to ensure high quality work performance and retention of high quality employees. Specific accountabilites may vary by area of expertise:
- Develops plans to support growth and career development of assigned Clinical Operations employees as well as manage the delivery of quality performance in line with their job description.
- Ensures staff development and performance feedback are provided through activities such as mentorship and career development
- Communicates team and individual goals and expectations to ensure direct reports understand their responsibilities
- Responsible for managing the performance of staff, including providing input into salaries, bonuses as well as nominations for promotion.
- Promotes a positive and professional work environment that attracts and retains the best talent and delivers services that exceed customer expectations.
- May conduct assessment visits with staff as required by SOPs
Responsible for the management of resources and resource projections to ensure project teams are consistent with client needs, expectations and contractual expectations by:
- Reviewing project tasks and timelines and assigning team members
- Determines level and type of employee resources to meet corporate/client/project objectives
- Schedules and reviews project tasks, provides leadership in the delivery of services to clients
- Provides guidance/insight on aspects of clinical operations, as well as contingency planning, to accommodate projects while identifying potential impacts to the budget
- Leading Clinical Operations employees in the delivery of services to clients
- Ensuring staff fulfill their responsibilities in accordance with PRA’s policies, procedures, SOPs, ICH-GCPs, and other relevant regulatory requirements
- Liaising with other functional managers to ensure consistency within the company
- Maintaining utilization of all Clinical Operations employees within department goals
Provides leadership and implement Clinical Operations services and productivity improvements to ensure optimal utilization of billable staff by:
- Performing metric collection and data analysis to support PRA’s continuous improvement in policies, procedures, and business process
- Identifying and implementing process improvements through review of clinical operations SOPs, processes; recommending improvement plans to senior management.
- Leading task forces to implement process improvement initiatives
- Building teamwork and improving process and productivity by working within and across functional areas
Be a point of escalation (internal) for resolution of issues and conflicts.
Evaluates compliance of assigned Clinical Operations employees with PRA systems and processes
Provides support with proposal development and participates in client presentations and/or bid defense meetings, as required