Analytics Consultant (2018-49306)
Symphony Health Solutions, a wholly-owned subsidiary of PRA Health Sciences, is a leading provider of high-value data, analytics, technology solutions and actionable insights for healthcare and life sciences manufacturers, payers and providers. The company helps clients drive revenue growth and commercial effectiveness, while adapting to the transformation of the healthcare ecosystem, by integrating a broad set of patient, prescriber, payer and clinical data together with primary and secondary health research, analytics and consulting. Symphony delivers a comprehensive perspective on the real dynamics that drive business in the healthcare and life sciences markets.
The CE Analytics Consultant will be responsible for the development, implementation, quality, and effectiveness of the assigned Custom Analytics projects. The Consultant will:
• Conduct quantitative analyses across multiple therapeutic areas as assigned, primarily with the Symphony Health Solutions (SHS) data assets
• Conduct data retrieval, analysis and QC of SHS data as assigned
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Implement solutions to business issues by providing superior analyses and reasoned solutions based on the integration of a variety of data sources (including Patient-Level Data, Dynamic Claims, SourceRx, etc.).
• Incorporate business information and data from a variety of data sources to make available business intelligence for our clients’ brand and sales leadership for knowledge-based decision making.
• Assist in presenting quantitative methodologies and analyses results to internal and external clients as needed.
• Must be able to demonstrate insight and creativity in the design and analysis of projects and interpretation of results.
• Implement innovative approaches to meet our clients’ objectives using appropriate analytical frameworks.
• Research public domain data (e.g., CDC, BLS, Census) and other non-pharma data (e.g., Nielsen) to improve analytical rigor of relevant projects and products.
• Improves objectivity and data-based decision making into the operating culture.
• Process, analyze and interpret healthcare data from very large data repositories.
• Implement projects to meet client requirements.
• Assist in generating project specifications and designing client solutions.
• Create analysis plans, implement research and QC results.
• Create appropriate tables, reports, graphs and written analyses.
• Working knowledge of research techniques.
• Able to understand complete process flow for area of responsibility.
• Able to learn business rules and custom processes for assigned projects.
• Ability to interpret impact of changes, validate specifications and communicate results to internal/external client.
• Assist with generating the final client deliverables and documentation based on analytical results.
• Ability to extract meaningful analyses, interpret raw data, and provide meaningful conclusions concerning the data results.
• Ability to communicate concisely and meaningfully with internal and external clients.
• Ability to manage time with multiple projects to meet 100% of deadlines.
• Can elicit customer requirements and develop the appropriate analysis plan.
• Can compare alternative analytical approaches and justify to internal and external clients the appropriate methodology.
• Ability to extract meaningful analyses, interpret raw data and provide meaningful recommendations.
• Ability to communicate concisely and meaningfully with internal and external clients
• Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
• Master’s degree in quantitative field such as Economics, Market Research Operations, Programming, or Statistics. Advanced degree preferred.
• 3+ years’ experience in an analytical position, preferably in a healthcare industry, with emphasis on data analysis, data integration and quality assurance. Preferred areas of expertise include pharmaceutical product use, managed care, medical/hospital claims and structure/business needs of pharmaceutical customers. Analytical experience with longitudinal consumer data is preferred.
• Proficient in writing WPS or R procedures and SQL queries.
• Intermediate to advanced skills in Excel.
• Experience in quantitative analysis and data manipulation of large data assets. Use of high volume healthcare data preferred, particularly prescription or claims data.
• Works under general supervision. Work is reviewed for technical efficiency, methodology validity, and accuracy.
Analytical Skills (Data Analysis, Process Improvements, Quality, Job Knowledge):
• Familiarity with any of the following advanced analytical techniques: Generalized Linear Models, Choice Modeling, Response Modeling, Latent Class Analysis, Structural Equations Modeling, Multi-level Attribute Models, Promotional Response Modeling.
• Familiarity with any of the following types of analysis: forecasting, promotional response, marketing mix, targeting, segmentation, ROI analysis.
• Working knowledge of statistical tools: SAS, SPSS, WPS, R and methods to incorporate statistical results into analyses.
• Infrequent travel – 10% annually
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by most people assigned to this job. They’re not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities and requirements. Symphony Health Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.