Symphony Health Solutions, a wholly-owned subsidiary of PRA Health Sciences, is a leading provider of high-value data, analytics, technology solutions, and actionable insights for healthcare and life sciences manufacturers, payers, and providers. The company helps clients drive revenue growth and commercial effectiveness, while adapting to the transformation of the healthcare ecosystem. We do this by integrating a broad set of patient, prescriber, payer and clinical data together with primary and secondary health research, analytics and consulting. Symphony delivers a comprehensive perspective on the real dynamics that drive business in the healthcare and life sciences markets.
• Responsible for the development, implementation, quality, and effectiveness of assigned Custom Analytics projects.
• Conduct quantitative analyses across multiple therapeutic areas as assigned, primarily with Symphony Health Solutions' (SHS) data assets
• Conduct data retrieval, analysis, and QC of SHS data as assigned
• Implement solutions to business issues by providing superior analyses and reasoned solutions based on the integration of a variety of data sources (including Patient-Level Data, Dynamic Claims, SourceRx, etc.).
• Assist in presenting quantitative methodologies and analyses results to internal and external clients, as needed.
• Demonstrate insight and creativity in the design and analysis of projects and the interpretation of results.
• Implement innovative approaches to meet our clients’ objectives, by using appropriate analytical frameworks.
• Research public domain data (e.g., CDC, BLS, Census) and other non-pharma data (e.g., Nielsen) to improve analytical rigor of relevant projects and products.
• Improve the objectivity and data-based decision making of the operating culture.
• Process, analyze and interpret healthcare data from very large data repositories.
• Implement projects to meet client requirements.
• Assist in generating project specifications and designing client solutions.
• Assist with generating the final client deliverables and documentation, based on analytical results.
• Create analysis plans, implement research and QC results.
• Create appropriate tables, reports, graphs and written analyses.
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
• Master’s degree in quantitative field such as Economics, Market Research Operations, Programming, or Statistics.
Required Experience, Abilities, & Knowledge:
• 3+ years’ experience in an analytical position, with emphasis on data analysis, data integration and quality assurance.
• Analytical experience with longitudinal consumer data.
• Proficient in writing WPS or R procedures and SQL queries.
• Intermediate to advanced skills in Excel.
• Experience in quantitative analysis and data manipulation of large data assets.
• Prior use of high-volume healthcare data, particularly prescription or claims data.
• Familiarity with any of the following advanced analytical techniques: Generalized Linear Models, Choice Modeling, Response Modeling, Latent Class Analysis, Structural Equations Modeling, Multi-level Attribute Models, Promotional Response Modeling.
• Familiarity with any of the following types of analysis: forecasting, promotional response, marketing mix, targeting, segmentation, ROI analysis.
• Working knowledge of statistical tools: SAS, SPSS, WPS, R and methods to incorporate statistical results into analyses.
• Working knowledge of research techniques.
• Ability to manage time with multiple projects, while meeting 100% of deadlines.
• Can elicit customer requirements and develop the appropriate analysis plan.
• Can compare alternative analytical approaches and justify to internal and external clients the appropriate methodology.
• Preferred areas of expertise include pharmaceutical product use, managed care, medical/hospital claims and structure/business needs of pharmaceutical customers.
• Healthcare and Life Sciences industry experience.
• Infrequent travel – 10% annually
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by most people assigned to this job. They’re not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities and requirements. Symphony Health Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.