Symphony Health Solutions, a wholly owned subsidiary of PRA Health Sciences, is a leading provider of high-value data, analytics, technology solutions and actionable insights for healthcare and life sciences manufacturers, payers and providers. The company helps clients drive revenue growth and commercial effectiveness, while adapting to the transformation of the healthcare ecosystem, by integrating a broad set of patient, prescriber, payer and clinical data together with primary and secondary health research, analytics and consulting. Symphony delivers a comprehensive perspective on the real dynamics that drive business in the healthcare and life sciences markets.
At Symphony Health Solutions we pride ourselves on being collaborative and customer centric. We do this by focusing on five key values:
• Love the Customer by consistently exceeding expectations.
• Focus on Brilliant Execution by being detailed and accountable.
• Leapfrog the Competition by Differentiating ourselves and providing innovative solutions.
• Build a High-Performance Culture that does not accept mediocrity.
• Make it Fun by Connecting as one passionate high-energy team.
• Connect with Symphony! Collaborate with Customers! Differentiate Yourself!
• The Application Developer’s role is to design, develop and enhance software applications.
• This can also include translating business requirements from functional specifications into technical requirements for development, application evaluation, application configuration, application and integration testing, as well as completing appropriate change management documentation.
• The Application Developer will also be responsible to deliver support to end-users in the organization for specific software applications. This includes troubleshooting applications (providing Level Three support) and software for all internal end users and external customers to resolve trouble issues per documented trouble tickets.
• Format and manipulate data, based on user requirements.
• Troubleshoot & resolve report quality and/or performance issues.
• Communicate clearly and effectively.
• Evaluate and recommend tools to enhance solutions.
• Work independently as well as collaboratively with a team.
• Participate in application deployments in a production environment.
• Understands and can apply best practices to application solutions.
• Maintain multiple code versions.
• Build and manage effective and efficient deployment processes.
• Document business rules that are applied throughout solutions.
• Execute and test new application development and enhancements.
• Work extensively with multiple tools (Oracle, Redshift, and Hadoop SQL/HQL), to validate and reconcile data.
• Three or more years of hands-on experience developing applications using UNIX/Linux scripting, DMX, SQL, or big data technologies.
• Ability to design, build, maintain & deploy applications across all lifecycles.
• Fluent in constructing SQL stored procedures, views, and functions.
• SQL debugging skills.
• Proficiency in working with large Databases in Oracle, Hadoop, and Redshift.
• Experience integrating data from multiple sources.
• Ability to performance-tune processes, reduce processing times by monitoring system usage, reading and understanding SQL Explain Plans, and using run logs.
• Understanding of basic statistical routines (mean, percentiles, significance, correlations), with the ability to apply them in data analysis.
• Ability to turn ideas into creative and statistically-sound decision support solutions.
• Good understanding of design, development, and end-user experience.
• Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
• Methodical work habits and ability to meet deadlines.
• Flexibility in your approach and innovative in your solutions.
• Comfortability in front of business users & clients, being able to explain technical issues to non-technical people.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS (not required but higher consideration)
• Big Data Hadoop experience