National Account Director – Midwest-South, Emerging-Small Pharma Sales Region
The National Account Director for the Emerging-Small Pharma (ESP) Region Sales team is a senior executive who acts as the principal point of contact with select Symphony Health (SH) customers. The NAD leads an integrated account team comprised of product and service experts, who are generally dedicated or aligned with these select customers. The NAD is the principal leader for these client relationships. They are ultimately responsible for fulfilling sales targets and cultivating the SHS relationship and performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Is responsible for the account business plan, which is developed in collaboration with fellow account team members. This account business plan becomes the primary document that prioritizes and drives the activity of the account team and provides for quantitative and qualitative measures and metrics for account success.
To effectively lead an integrated account team, a NAD must:
- Understand the vision, strategy, and big picture
- Have the need for attention to detail
- Demonstrate a high level of personal accountability
- Possess the know-how for working in a matrix environment and leading teams
- Have a well-developed sense for our business
- Be able to manage complexity and have the appropriate financial acumen
- Be able to demonstrate strong communication skills and executive poise, since this individual will lead the efforts into the customer c-suites
- Understand their role in customer advocacy, balanced with the need of the business
- Have a high tolerance for ambiguity
- Be comfortable with change
- Be able to demonstrate prudent decision-making and sound judgment.
- Serves as the “general manager” and ultimately the person responsible for the SHS relationship and sales performance. Fulfilling these broad responsibilities requires a detailed understanding of the client, our company, our products and services, and an understanding of the processes and methods to fulfill client expectations and our sales targets.
- Business Process Expertise
There are numerous business processes for which the NADs must be SMEs:
- Account Business Planning Process
- Sales forecasting and funnel process
- Pricing and contracting process
- Sales development process from idea generation & client problem/question through the offer development, negotiation and deal-close
- Implementation of the Plan of Action
- Targeting and compensation data services. The NAD will also be expected to fully leverage the Sales Force Automation tools and related reporting applications, as necessary.